This is my first blog post ever, and i’m very excited.
My name is Caroline aka. Carrotline. I’m 16 years old and I live in Denmark. I’m a passionate vegan, who loves to cook and bake. My vegan journey started in January 2016. I was determined to show people, that vegan food could be just as tasty as non vegan food. Therefore I started experimenting with different recipes, and I soon fell in love with cooking and baking. I’m starting this blog, so I can share, with the world, all the delicious recipes I create. I really hope this blog will inspire you to some more delicious plantbased cooking and baking
Now, enough talk about food. I’m also really passionate about healthy living. I have been working out for around 5-ish years. I love to get my body moving and feeling alive. For me a healthy lifestyle is not just about the working out part, but also about the food. It’s important to eat healthy, but also being able to treat yourself. I believe it’s all about balance. Eat some kale with that cake! No, but seriously. It’s about feeding your body and your mind.
Peace out carrotsticks
The first recipe I want to share with you are these quick and easy cashew bites. Filled with only natural and healthy ingredients, these bites will quickly become a staple in your house. A little sweet, a little salty and perfect as a snack!
SWEET & SALTY CASHEW BITES
- 100g salted cashews
- 150g pitted dates
- 2 tbs cashewbutter
- 4 squares of dark chocolate
- Blend cashews, dates and cashewbutter in a blender or foodprocessor until the mixture comes together in a ball
- Line a baking pan with parchmentpaper and transfer the mixture to the pan. Make sure to spread the mixture out evenly.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan or in the microwave and spread it on top of the mixture. If desired sprinkle some chopped cashews and sea salt on top of the chocolate.
- Transfer the baking pan to the fridge and let it chill for an hour before cutting into 8 squares
Per square: 177 calories